Top Ten Reasons to Become a Surgery Technician – When you’re looking for a new career, you want a job that is fun, exciting, and hardly feels like work. Life as a surgery technician is exciting and fast-paced, many surgery techs feel like time speeds up once they get to the “office.” The job is exciting, interactive, and comes with loads of great perks that make it one of the fastest growing professions in the country.
- You get to wear comfortable clothes. That’s right, scrubs will be your new professional wardrobe as a surgery tech. No more high heels. No more suits and ties. No more fretting about what to wear to work because as a surgical tech, it’s decided for you. Walking shoes and scrubs are your new best friends.
- No cubicles. The surgery tech is on his or her feet all day long. He is in surgery working alongside doctors and nurses. He is dealing with patients and completing other tasks. The surgery tech career is a hands-on, interactive job perfect for those who start getting a little stir crazy at their desks by lunchtime. You’ll be busy and active in this role.
- Lots of excitement. There’s never a dull moment as a surgery tech. From emergency surgeries to 4-in-the-morning pages, surgical techs never know what might happen next and they love it. Each day is different than the last. You won’t lose weeks at a time because you can’t tell this month from last month due to boredom. As a surgical tech, you’ll never be bored.
- Fast, accessible training and certification. Becoming a surgery tech is a fast and simple process. Training programs are available all over the country and you can receive the necessary training and certifications in just a few short years.
- Good salary. Surgery techs earn a very solid income. Some surgery techs are paid very well based on the industry in which they work or the geographic location in which they live.
- One of the fastest growing careers. The surgery technician field is one of the fastest growing professions in the country right now. This brings great employment opportunities and a promising future for advancement for those in the field.
- Possible tuition reimbursement. Education is never free. Unfortunately. But surgery techs may have the opportunity to be reimbursed for their education and training costs. Some employers are offering incentives to new hires in order to get quality, trained applicants.
- Health insurance. You would expect great benefits and health coverage in the medical field and the surgery tech position is no exception. Many surgery techs receive excellent benefits from their employers including fantastic medical coverage.
- Paid leave. Surgery techs are hard-working individuals. Many of them wake up in the middle of the night to take calls, work graveyards and weekends and do whatever necessary to get the job done right. As a result, they are rewarded with paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
- Retirement benefits. This career often provides exciting retirement options so you can have a comfortable future.
All jobs are not created equal. So find a one that makes each day fun and exciting and becomes a surgery technician.